August 8, 2010

Why Should You Read This?

Good question. Another good one is: Why am I writing this?

It's simple. I am a mom and I like sex. Sometimes that can be a bit of a quandary. And as a new mom I didn't really like it that much. That was a strain on my marriage that I think we never recovered from. We have since divorced.

I imagine yet another question: "How can you talk about this in such a public way?" Because not enough people do.

I am a very open person, but when I was struggling with the loss of my libido I didn't talk about it. People assumed everything was ok. I didn't even want to talk to my spouse about it. It was embarrassing to me. I felt like I was lacking in some way. But the details of this are for another time.

I should say up front as well that, yes, I am a Christian. I was raised in a very strict Protestant church and I still attend this type of church. I have started to reconcile my interest in sexuality and my own desires with my beliefs, but I am working on that. I might talk about that on here from time to time so bear with me. I won't turn this into a religious platform, but I feel like you really can't discuss sexuality without religion. I am very open to opinions and views from other religions.

I am writing anonymously because there will be some discussion of situations I have been in that I don't wish family to know about. And I know some members of my family will be shocked by this content. I hope that any of my readers who know me personally can respect my wish for anonymity.

As we proceed you will see that I am a big fan of sex. I think sex is good for you. And I also think that any sexual relationship between 2 consenting adults, or with yourself, is healthy. Nothing is off limits here (as long as it's legal) and I hope my readers will respect that we all have our personal desires and fantasies. We may not feel comfortable with a certain topic, but that does not mean its a bad thing. Let's be open minded and explore here.

Exploration is the key to keep your sex life alive and if you can laugh while you explore then all the better. I hope to make you laugh on our journey here together, but I admit, I am not going to be trying out for Last Comic Standing any time soon. Many of my past exploits have been known to make my friends squirt their drink out their nose, however. It's when I am not trying that I am the funniest, unfortunately.

So, here we go, ladies and gentlemen.  I hope you enjoy the ride. And please, share this blog with your friends, follow me on twitter, be my fan on facebook. Show me the love, people. This mommy needs love too!

No comments:

Post a Comment